Sometimes you make a soup that just tastes amazing! This was one of those soups. Inspired by the fact that there were a bunch of veggies that needed to be used in my fridge, this creamy soup was super tasty!
For this soup I used:
A whole head of cauliflower
2 small leeks, trimmed to white and light green sections
1 small brown onion
4 small potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunky cubes
veggie stock to cover
3 -4 rashers of bacon
salt and pepper
- lightly sweat down the leeks and onion in a pot with a dollop of olive oil and a little bit of butter.
- add the chopped cauliflower and potatoes and stir to lightly cook and coat in butter and oil (a couple of minutes)
- add stock to cover and lightly simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- while soup is simmering, cook bacon to your liking. I tend to grill mine in the full rashers, then chop up afterwards.
- Use a stick blender to blend to a smooth consistency. I don't like mine too smooth, but this is up to you!
- serve in a bowl, top with bacon, chopped parsley and a drizzle of cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This is a great meal with a side of crusty bread or even garlic bread during those super cold months. Even my husband claimed that this was "more delicious than he thought it was going to be". Really?! Yes, he was pleasantly surprised!