I love having something a little more special for breakfast on the weekends. You have a bit more time to create something delicious and substantial that will get you through the day too.
These little breakfast tarts can be made with pretty much anything! (You can also make them for a starter too depending on the ingredients you use.) The ones above have egg, spring onions, bacon and cheese but really you could add spinach, mushroom - anything! It's really just a lovely puff pastry shell and a yummy filling.
- You will need a muffin tin, greased.
- Cut some thawed ready made puff pastry into squares (so cut the pastry sheet into fours)
- Push the squares into the bottom of each muffin hole, you don't need to be neat, leave the corners out to puff up when cooked.
- Place some delicious treats inside the case, onion, bacon, mushroom etc - leave room for you egg!
- In a jug, whisk with a fork about 6 eggs (this is for approximately 8 muffin/tarts), season with salt and pepper. If you like, you can add a little cream here too.
- Pour into the cases, don't fill right up though, leave a bit of room for expansion.
- Top with some grated tasty cheese or Parmesan and pop in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for around 15 to 18 minutes or until the egg is just cooked and pastry brown.
Enjoy your little breakfast tarts! Experiment with the flavours!