Sometimes when the weather is warmer you feel like a sophisticated cocktail that is pink and frothy. For me, the Aperol Sour hits the spot in all of these elements.
What is Aperol? Well it's an Italian Aperitif, a little like Campari but lower in alcohol and much less bitter. It has an amazing pink glow too in a glass.
What you will need to create your Aperol Sour:
- 2 oz. Aperol
- 1 oz. egg white (the egg white of one egg should make 2 cocktails)
- 3/4 oz. lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- cocktail shaker
- stemmed martini/cocktail glasses
What do you do?
- chill your glasses with ice and water while continuing the next steps
- put a generous amount of ice into your cocktail shaker
- add aperol, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white
- shake in cocktail shaker until well combined and chilled (about 20 to 30 seconds)
- strain into your pre-chilled glasses
- garnish with a grapefruit twist (optional)
Now pop on some fabulous sunglasses and go relax outside, listen to some great tunes and enjoy!