With the cooler weather, there is nothing better than a warming soup to eat for dinner. This soup was inspired by a soup my friend had while we were out for lunch. I added a chicken breast for additional protein (and also because I had one that needed to be used!). My soup was served with homemade olive and rosemary bread, sliced with delicious butter! The soup itself is quite healthy and delicious.
3 x 400g tins or lovely organic chopped tomotoes
approximately 2 - 3 cups of water
1 large red onion diced
1 medium carrot diced
2 sticks of celery chopped
1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
1 x chicken breast
garlic, salt and pepper to taste
harissa paste to taste
- lightly sweat down the onions, carrot, celery and garlic in a 4 litre pot until slightly cooked
- add the tinned tomatoes and water and bring to a light boil.
- add seasonings - continue to taste through out.
- turn heat down and add the chicken breast, cook for about 15 - 17 minutes.
- remove chicken breast and roughly chop
- using a stick blender, give the soup a quick blend so it thickens but still has chunky pieces in it!
- Add chicken back to the soup with drained and washed chick peas.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or until chickpeas are heated through.
- Serve with bread and garnish with chopped parsley.