Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Joys of the Jaffle...

Oh the joys!!! My husband got me the new/old Breville Original '74 Jaffle maker!! That is true love!


I remember as a child that there was nothing more satisfying than a cheese or baked bean jaffle.  They were so much better than a toasted sandwich as all of the oozy ingredients were locked into the crisp bread.  I loved it!

I started to think about the joy of the jaffle again recently and decided that we needed to invest in a jaffle maker again.  To my surprise, Breville had re-introduced their Jaffle maker 'the Original '74' - a slightly more modernized version that graced my childhood home.  It arrived in its chrome glory and I haven't looked back!

Yum! #jaffle goodness! Bacon, egg, spinach... Breaky Jaffle FTW!


My favourite 'brunch jaffle' is a bacon, egg, cheese and spinach sandwich.  The following recipe makes 2 jaffles.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
handful of grated tasty cheese
1 full rasher of bacon
handful of baby spinach chopped
salt and pepper
4 slices of bread
butter/margarine

How to!
  • dice bacon into small pieces and lightly fry, you want to get a little bit of crispiness but not burn to a crisp!
  • in a small bowl combine the eggs, spinach, cheese and seasonings.  The mixture should be a runny paste.  The grated cheese holds it together.
  • butter bread lightly for the jaffle maker
  • Once bacon is cooked, add to the egg mixture, combine and then add to the jaffle maker.
  • Cook until outside is crispy and cooked.

You can play around with this recipe, adding chives, parsley etc.  It's super delicious and quite forgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also find this delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...