I am quite the fan of carrot cake. I'm not sure where this addiction came from but every now and then (particularly when we have loads of carrots!) I whip up some of these teeny tiny carrot cakes.
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of self raising flour (you can use a half/half combo of normal and wholemeal)
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup of sultanas
- 3 tablespoons of pepitas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of all spice
- mix the sugar, eggs and oil together well and then mix to the other ingredients.
- pop tablespoons of mixture into 12 lined cupcake/muffin pans.
- bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees celcius for between 20 to 25 minutes
You can ice these beauties with a lovely cream cheese icing or eat just as! They will stay fresh for a few days as long as they are kept in an air tight container. I like to take these as a bit of an afternoon snack at work!