Monday, May 30, 2011

Pickle the Cabbage...

Pickled cabbage... Delicious!



It must be the hint of Eastern European in me that makes me adore any kind of pickled vegetable and in particular cabbage!  Whenever we visit the Press Club restaurant in Melbourne, I love their pickled fennel and other goodies and usually my husband has to fight for a look in for some pickled goodness!

Quite some time ago, he did give me a copy of the Press Club book.  Although I've looked through it many times and drooled over items, I've never really made anything out of it.  This weekend I got inspired and tried the Press Club recipe for Pickled Cabbage!
Pickled cabbage... Delicious!


It's quite simple, half a cabbage lightly steamed for about 7 minutes.  Cool and add to this thinly sliced zucchini and celery.  In a jug mix together 1/4 cup of honey, 1/4 cup of olive oil and 3/4 cup of white vinegar.  Pour this over the cabbage mix and allow to 'pickle' overnight.  That's it!!! 

I can tell you now that it went very quickly in our household and we will be trialling other vegetables soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also find this delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...