Monday, October 1, 2012

Pesto Love...

Pesto love
Pesto Love


I have not really been a fan of pesto in the past.  I find the smell of basil pesto a little too overpowering so I've never really gone too crazy about growing basil and making pesto.

Recently we received a huge bunch of lovely organic basil in our weekly fruit and veggie box from Organic Angels.  What was I going to do with it?  Well, I guess when life gives you a bunch of basil, you go and make pesto!

To try and lessen the power of the pesto, I added a good handful of baby spinach to my pesto which gave it a lovely green and made the flavour a bit more subtle.  I know that making pesto is pretty simple but this is what I am using to make mine and to create my Pesto Love!

Ingredients:

  • fresh basil leaves
  • fresh baby spinach leaves
  • Parmesan cheese
  • pine nuts
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • good quality olive oil


Give it all a good whiz in the food processor until the flavours and seasonings are to taste and you're happy with the consistency.

I am loving this pesto with some cream on pasta - like a Pasta Genovese style - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also find this delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...