Sunday, September 8, 2013

A salad of memories...

Today's homemade lunch: raddicchio, feta, pear and hazelnut salad!


It's funny how the combination of flavours can bring back certain memories.  I remember my first Christmas in New York City.  It snowed on Christmas eve and we ran outside in Manhattan with snowflakes falling on our eyelashes.  We also went out to a restaurant for Christmas dinner and I remember having a salad that was made of radicchio, blue cheese, pear and hazelnuts.  I don't know why but this salad as the starter will always stay with me and everytime I make something similar, it takes me back to that Christmas in New York City, which was well over 10 years ago!

Yesterday, I made a similar salad, however I swapped the blue cheese for feta and made a champagne vinegar and dijon dressing.  This salad is filling, crunchy and fresh but will always make me think of Christmas in New York.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also find this delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...