One of my favourite slices and sweet treats was Raspberry and Coconut slice. I loved how the raspberry jam became like toffee along the baked edges and the crunchy coconut on top. This is a slice that isn't particularly pretty but man it tastes good!!!
2 cups of plain flour
1 cup of caster sugar
125 g cold butter cubed
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
3/4 cup raspberry jam (I used a raspberry and pomegranate one)
2 cups of shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease and line lamington pan (24 x 29 cm).
- Process flour, 1/2 cup sugar and butter in food processor. It should look like bread crumbs. Add 1 egg and the vanilla and process to form a dough.
- Press dough into the base of the pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and spread the jam over the warm base.
- Whisk 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of sugar together. It should become lighter and sugar should dissolve a bit. Stir in coconut. Spread this mixture over the jam.
- Bake for a further 25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool in the pan before cutting and serving.
Enjoy the crunchy and sweet goodness!