Monday, January 20, 2014

Protein Ball Snacks

Food stuff


I've been reading about everyone and their 'protein' snacks and thought that I would give them a go.  I also wanted to find some delicious and easy snacks to take to work for both my husband and myself.  The recipe that I decided to use as a base was from Damy health, who always has pretty delicious recipes.

So here are my first attempt at Protein Balls!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup of pecan nuts
1/3 cup of shredded coconut
1/3 cup of almond butter (like peanut butter but made from almonds only)
3 tablespoons of wheat germ
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
2 scoops of protein powder (mine was a chocolate flavour)

Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until the mixture comes together.  You may need to add a bit of cold water to help it along if your dates are a little dry.  Once the mixture is chopped and into a consistency that is a little like cookie dough, you can roll the mixture into smallish balls and place in an air tight container in the fridge.  This recipe makes about 12 balls for me.  You can also roll them in chopped nuts or coconut for extra crunch too!

They taste pretty delicious!  Just remember not to eat too many at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also find this delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...