I found this basic butter biscuit recipe and thought that I would give it a go with my own flavours. I tried it with pistachios, lemon and some white chocolate bits. Where those flavours came from, I'm not sure but it was pretty tasty.
Basic butter biscuit mix:
- 250g butter softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups plain flour
How to put it all together!
- beat butter and sifted sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and changed to a lighter colour. Transfer mixture into a large bowl, stir in flour, in two batches.
- knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Divide dough in half; roll each into a 25cm log. Wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm.
- preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- cut logs into 1 cm slices; place slices on trays about 2 cm apart.
- bake biscuits about 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Transfer biscuits onto wire rack to cool.
- lemon and pistachio, add 1 teaspoon of finely grated lemon rind into the butter and sugar mixture then add 1/3 cup of chopped pistachios and 1/3 cup of white chocolate bits.
- chocolate choc chip, add 2 tablespoons of sifted cocoa powder to butter and sugar mixture, add 1/4 cup of chopped choc bits before adding the flour.