|The amazing healing powers of The Cure...|
I posted this little cocktail recipe over at www.fringeclub.com.au and thought I would share it with my Dine Wine and Martini readers too! It's a super refreshing cocktail, however if you don't had any vodka or gin to it, it is also a great non-alcoholic drink to rehydrate you in the Summer.
The Cure Ingredients:
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 bottle of sparkling mineral water
- a knob of fresh ginger
- a tall glass
- drinking straw
- Slice up about 2 cm of fresh ginger into large slices and pop into your glass.
- Slice the cucumber down the length to get a long, yet thin slice of it - this is to garnish and for extra flavour.
- Slice some of the remainder cucumber into chunky cubes and add with the ginger into the glass.
- Using the muddler, gently mush/muddle the ginger and cucumber to break it up and also to release the ginger aromas and flavours!
- Add some ice to glass and fill with the sparkling mineral water.
- Add your long sliced cucumber, drinking straw and enjoy!
- You can add some vodka to this cocktail for a 'hair of the dog' or for a refreshing Summer cocktail too!