Sunday, December 4, 2011

Gingerbread Spiced Granola...

Gingerbread spice
Gingerbread spice mix courtesy of Two Swedes Cooking.


I am a huge fan of granola!  I just love it for breakfast and over the last year or so, I have experimented with a few different recipes and can easily adjust the ingredients now to make a pretty delicious concoction.

I guess that I am pretending that I am in a Winter Wonderland at the moment and I am embracing the delicious 'festive flavours' of spices and sweet potato and cranberries and all of that.  When I went to make my latest weekly batch of granola yesterday, I spied my Swedish Gingerbread Spice mix and thought "I wonder how a Gingerbread Spiced Granola would turn out?"  I can tell you now - delicious!!!


Breakfast
Breakfast time! Gingerbread Spiced Granola with yoghurt and pears.


Using one of my basic granola recipes, I exchanged the cinnamon for a good dose of this Gingerbread Spice Mix and cooked as I normally would.  This spice mix adds a complexity of flavour to the granola.  You will also feel pretty festive eating it as it smells just like gingerbread!  My spice mix is courtesy of Two Swedes Cooking and the lovely folk at Nord Living in Melbourne stock it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also find this delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...