We have been inundated with celery in our veggie patch and we have been trying to find new ways to use ALL of the celery. My wonderful husband made this batch of celery salt, which I thought I would share with you all. It is super easy and uses the leaves of the celery.
- trim leaves from celery
- wash well and spin in a salad spinner, you need to get them super dry.
- Pat dry with paper towel.
- lay on a tray, lined with baking paper in a single layer. You don't want them over lapping otherwise they won't cook.
- bake in a low over (about 150 to 170 degrees Celsius) for about 3 to 5 minutes. You want it dried out, not brown!
- you will need to do a few batches. Add the dried out celery leaves to equal amount of flaky sea salt. Store in an air proof container.
Give it a go! It's a great way to use up those final last leaves on the celery and adds great flavour. Yum!